Please use my special code to get your discount: STMMMS22391

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Where do I start....

I have been really bad this week and have hardly had time to even look at my blog let alone anyone else's. I have so much catching up to do, lucky I've made myself a cuppa (and a few biccies) so I can finally catch my breath and have some reading time.

My dear hubby left on Monday morning on a flight to Melbourne for a two week trip around Victoria for his work. Yippee I secretly thought (though of course I miss him dearly) Craft till whenever, after the kids are in bed. Wooohooo! But alas things don't always turn out the way you plan. I have re-organised and cleaned my house and done some much needed decluttering (Garage sale time for sure) with not much crafting happening yet. And since I have not been getting my share of inspirational time reading all these wonderfully talented women's blogs out there I have been feeling a little bit lost.

Oh where oh where do I start....This is my first night without anything stopping me from getting in and doing something, anything. But I can't decide which UFO to pick up. I can't believe how terrible that sounds. This is a table runner that needs finishing. All I need to do is sew the binding down. You would think I would have done that by now. Maybe tomorrow...



I am so wanting to hurry up and get all my christmas stuff out and decorate the house already but unfortunately can't get motivated there either. Sad I know, but true. I'm hoping that maybe tomorrow something might kick in now that I don't have to do a trip that I was gearing up to do this week. December is such a short space of time to show off all your chrissy stuff so I usually start early November. This year I've been a bit slack in that department. I had even thought I might go all out this year and decorate with all my lights but am feeling a bit down and haven't got around to it. I had better get in soon or before I know it Christmas will be over (this is a Santa I made last year which I have have just unpacked with a few of my other hand made things. Will post them tomorrow too). So much to do tomorrow....

Oh well at least I've been plugging away at my Red and white Jacob's ladder quilt and nearly have it all together. I laid it all out last week and finally decided on the layout and now am steadily sewing the blocks together. I think I'm on my second last row. Won't be long now and I will have a little surprise giveaway to share with you. That gets me a little bit more excited.

Here are a few friends I have made that I will have to put away until after Christmas.
Oh well....until tomorrow. Happy crafting. D. :=)





1 comment:

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh you have two happy weeks ...but I do recognize your feeling...just wait until he soon will be back...then you will have the speed up..lol.. Love your SANTA...:o)